Monday 15 July 2013

The Secret Garden Gala


The folly
Last Saturday we were at the Secret Garden Gala, it was being held by the Sue Ryder Charity in Clifton, Bristol. Walking through a very ordinary looking door located in the middle of a city street took you to an amazing garden.
I have to say it felt like I was in an episode of Mr Benn!



The canal
Pickle-Lily and I were at Goldney Hall in Bristol. There was a tower, a mock canal full of damsel flies, dragon flies, water lilies and fish, statues and sculptures and then ....

We went down some steps ....
 
Into the grotto


Where the river god waited for us in the cool depths
Among thousands of shells and fossils
A truly fantastic place on a very, very hot day! If you ever get the chance to visit, go!
In the gardens there was singing and ballet and some beautiful stalls...
Cute little penguins and guinea pigs made by Victoria (sadly no link to post here)
This beautiful stall from Betty Brixham full of quirky prints on a super display.
Sadly P and I had to go home at about half past three as we could stand the heat no longer, but we did leave Eric behind!
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a lovely day! The little penguin and guinea pigs are very cute!

Gertie said...

It looks a really great day out. Hopefully it won't be long before Eric has a new home xx

Unknown said...

I wanted to come to this, I used to live in Cliftonwood with my garden backing on to the Goldney garden so it would be nice to go back. But in the early hours of Saturday I was struck down with a vomiting bug. I really wish I'd been able to make it, it looks like fun.

Estelle Grace Tudor said...

Ooh what a lovely place to go, looks like you had a fab day!

Hugs, Estelle xx