Monday 31 October 2011

Handmade Monday

We won a Blue Peter badge for this photo!
Happy Halloween!
Yet another busy week revolving around the children! Lots of being Mums taxi and trying to fit some sewing and knitting in. Today I've got to 'empty' the pumpkin so Pickle-Lily can carve it when she gets home tonight! This year's pumpkins were a disaster, so had to use an old photo of one we grew a few years ago.
My very useful unit
My contribution for this week's Handmade Monday - many thanks to Wendy and thank-you to you for stopping by - is this brilliant unit Mr PL has made me. It is made from two IKEA shelf units screwed together and castor wheels on the bottom. The cutting mat fits perfectly and it is now full of all those bits and pieces that were stacked around that I use every day. It can be wheeled to wherever I am working (I'm not lucky enough to have a workroom) and can also be used as place for visitors to put their cup of tea  Just need to find the time to paint it and make some labels to go on the drawers. It could always have another floor built on it if needed as well.
I have been busy with P's help making up sew it yourself kits

I made them as raffle prizes but they have turned out to be on be of Pickle-Lily's best sellers this year so far!
Just to let you know there probably won't be a Festive Friday this week as it is my turn to visit the dentist and have a tooth out. I'm off to visit some more blogs on Handmade Monday now and look at lovely things.
Jo x
P.S. Have just joined in with Creative Monday - lots of lovely blogs to visit there as well, why not pop over and have alook?

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Love the Making bags... what a great idea. Pretty scary pumpkin too :)

Christmas Pie Crafts said...

Such a clever idea. Love the pic of the pumpkin.

Jam Dalory said...

I love the sew it yourself kits, ideal for keeping kids busy (and quiet) for a few hours! x

EmmaT said...

Wheeled trolleys are the best for people like us who don't have specific crafting space. Love yours though - much prettier than my plastic ones.

Wendy said...

Ikea units have so many uses don't they? I used to use two with a plank to create height on my craft stall - the drawers faced me and contained my office essentials. I just use one now, because I have gridwall for height. I'm not surprised your kits sell well, they look very appealing and a great way for beginners to make something lovely.

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

A Blue Peter badge - Wow!
Inspired use of Ikea Mr PL, it has given me a few ideas and well done on selling so many of your lovely kits.

Penny said...

What a fab trolley, really useful. The little kits are a great idea.

Sarah said...

I like the kits too. My first visit to your blog makes me want to come back soon.

lovetartan said...

Loving the kits - great idea and they look really nice too. Jumbo pumpkin! Well done on the Blue Peter badge Mich :)

Your Friend Susie said...

I love anything that helps with organization. I'm in the middle of trying to organize my craft room (it's been interrupted by a roof leak and some other things, but it WILL get done!)
Thanks for sharing.
And the kids are always cute! :)

Mrs A. said...

Great organisation boxes. Especially as it is on wheels so good for moving from one room to another. Hugs Mrs A.

Ali said...

I always craved a Blue Peter Badge when I was growing up - so jealous!!

Your work unit looks brilliant - I have a couple of IKEA units on castors which double up as extra storage and bedside tables in the spare bedroom.

Ali x

Martha said...

lots of colourful crafts! eye catching and tempting!
the pumpkin carve is fab too! :)

Kellie said...

ooh, i love that wheeled storage! what a fab idea to have the cutting mat on top!

The undomesticated scientist said...

what ho, your stocking partner says she tried to contact you but failed. could you email her. cheers. x

Anonymous said...

I love the packaging for those kits - how did you do the labels? Are they self printed?