Monday 17 October 2011

Choking

I'm sorry I haven't blogged for a while but last week was so busy both during the day and in the evenings! Today I have finally stopped, and I'm now trying to catch up with house-work, Pickle-Lily and blogging. Today's post is something I don't usually blog about, but after yesterday I feel it is really important to share the information with as many as possible, because you'll never know when you'll need it, so please read on.
On Sunday I spent the day on a first aid course run by St John's. I have always held a first aid certificate and mine needed renewing and updating. In those past years whenever doing a course the first thing covered was always DR ABC (danger, response, airway, breathing and circulation), not so yesterday. The trainer started our course with choking, and showed us this video


Sorry - I haven't worked out to post the you tube video on the blog.
Frances, our trainer told us that choking will affect every single one of us, and that everyone should know what to do, because it can make a difference. For more help on what to do see here
 Please watch it.
Jo x

1 comments:

Caroline Lovis (Redneedle) said...

Thanks for this Jo. I remember being horrified on a first aid course when the trainer stressed how important it was to know what to do, thanks for the reminder