Saturday 2 January 2016

Gift a ball

Beautifully wrapped

One of my favourite presents this Christmas was my gift a ball from Rosie's Moments. It was a ball of gold and silver mix 4 ply yarn with some sparkle in it, but that wasn't all! As you used the yarn little knitting gifts were revealed.
After much deliberation and perusing of Ravelry I chose the Hitchhiker shawl from Strickmich to knit and starting knitting. The pattern was very easy to follow and made an asymmetrical shawl with a saw tooth edge on one side. The yarn looks beautiful as the gold really catches the light.
Christmas bauble
The exciting part was waiting for the little gifts to reveal themselves - needles, pins, stitch markers, a row counter, a pair of sheep earrings and necklace dangle, buttons and some dpn holders! Oh I forgot the ribbon and the yarn came with a lavender bag and some dpns!
In fact there were 33 items!
Hitchhiker shawl

I just loved it so much and now know what gift to buy a knitter!

0 comments: