Friday 18 September 2015

Bristol Wool Fair


Last week-end was spent at Bristol Wool Fair with Pickle-Lily.
All set up!
It was a new venue for the fair and very different to last years Downs venue. I 'set up shop' on Friday, next to Fleecewitch and her beautiful alpaca yarns, and sure enough it wasn't long before I succumbed and bought my first yarn, and to be honest I had bought lots more from her by the end of the three days!
Fleecewitch yarns
I've now got two scarves on the go using her lovely yarns!
Valais Blacknose

Angora rabbit

Alpaca love!

There were alpacas, angora rabbits and Valais Blacknose sheep. I will leave the pictures to do their talking, but the sheep have to be the cutest sheep ever!
Vikings
Naalbinding
I met and chatted to lots of very friendly Hildsvin Vikings and found out what naalbinding is - making a crochet like material but sewing in blanket stitch type way, rather than using a crochet hook.
Viking camp

On Sunday, P and I took part in a needle felting workshop for the morning with Lydia from Black Dog and Ginger Cat. It wasn't nearly as easy as I hoped it would be!! But Lydia was very patient and a super teacher and yes, we came home with one of her kits.

Toft
There was so many fabulous stalls at the wool fair - I added three more pairs of Knit-Pro needles to my collection, Cat from Stitches from the Sofa ( also has a lovely blog post or two about the fair) brought two amazing dresses, I even got some super cosy mittens made from upcycled wool fabric, different beautiful yarns and much more.

Needle felting display by Jenny Barnett

It's on again next year - it's definately worth the visit!
Baskets for sale

Frozen needle felting

0 comments: